About Carbondale Counseling Associates
Carbondale Counseling Associates was founded in 2014 by Katherine Schwartz and Valerie Kasten. CCA is a private group counseling practice that seeks to provide highly individualized services to clients with a wide range of clinical concerns. CCA staff is composed of Counselors, Social Workers, Art Therapists, and Play Therapists. Art Therapy and Play Therapy are innovative and progressive approaches to treatment with a growing body of evidence to support their effectiveness.
Providing individual, family, and couples counseling for children, adolescents, and adults. Carbondale Counseling Associates utilizes creative, innovative, and individualized approaches to therapy which makes therapy a fun and relaxing experiencing, while still contributing to personal growth and change.
Treatment specializations include:
Addiction & Recovery
Anxiety and Depression
Austism, Asperger’s, and Sensory Processing Disorder
Dissociative Identity Disorder
Physical and Sexual Abuse
Trauma and PTSD
Rates & Insurance
$160 per 50-minute session.
A complete fee schedule is available on request. Exact costs and fees vary based on service type and insurance coverage.
Reduced fee services are available on a limited basis for those that qualify. Verification of income and family size is required.
If you do not show up for your scheduled therapy appointment, and you have not notified us at least 24 hours in advance, you will be charged a fee. Appointments cancelled less than 24 hours in advance will be charged a fee of $50. Missed appointments are charged a fee of $100.
If you cancel or fail to show up for three consecutive appointments, services will be terminated and we will provide you with a list of area behavioral health providers.
The law protects the relationship between a client and a psychotherapist, and information cannot be disclosed without written permission.
- Suspected child abuse or dependent adult or elder abuse, we are required by law to report this to the appropriate authorities immediately.
- If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person/s, we must notify the police and inform the intended victim.
- If a client intends to harm himself or herself, we will make every effort to enlist their cooperation in ensuring their safety. If they do not cooperate, we will take further measures without their permission that are provided to us by law in order to ensure their safety.
Services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
Accepted Insurance Companies
Most major insurance companies accepted including
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Health Alliance
- United Healthcare/Optum/UMR
- Out of network benefits for most major insurance companies accepted
Cash, check and all major credit cards accepted for payment.